Senior Manager- Data Science, Operations Research
Job Purpose– As an Associate Data Scientist, Working on Operations Research projects, You’ll be responsible for creating programs and algorithms that help optimize business processes.
- Architecting and developing complex Operations-Research based solutions for the business
- Understanding business objectives and developing models that help to achieve them, along with metrics to track their progress
- Analyzing the Data Science algorithms that could be used to solve a given problem and ranking them by their success probability
- Developing robust solutions for logistics for vehicle routing, scheduling, planning, demand forecasting, workforce management, network design & optimization, etc.
- Develop solutions based on advanced statistical modeling, simulations, optimization algorithms, etc. to help decision makers take complex business decisions in various business scenarios
- Lead/ collaborate with a team of data scientists in developing and delivering machine learning models for production setting
- Understand key business processes, operational constraints, critical bottlenecks and metrics to optimize at a detailed level
- Improve key organizational metrics through developing data-science based solutions
- Perform data wrangling and due diligence activities on data quality
- Performing Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA), defining the preprocessing or feature engineering to be done on a given dataset, developing Machine Learning models, validating models, deployment, etc.
- Collaborate with the application development team for deploying the data science solutions
- Proactively drive impact to business by owning the data science initiatives end-to-end and collaborating with other stakeholders
- Collaborate with the Operations, Network, Control Tower and Business Analysis team to develop cutting edge analytics solutions that improve the business
- Maintain thorough and comprehensive documentation of data science initiatives
- Develop robust work products by following best practices through all stages of development, testing & deployment
- BE/Tech in Engineering, MBA/Masters/PhD candidates preferred
- Strong background in strong in Statistics, Supply Chain and Operations Research concepts
- Domain experience in working on logistics, supply chain or operations research areas would be preferred
- 7-10 years experience in solving complex & large scale problems such as linear, non-linear programming, mixed integer optimization, etc.
- Ability to independently and proactively drive initiatives with minimal supervision
- Strong working knowledge of solvers such as CPLEX, GUROBI, LINDO, etc.
- Proficient in Python & R, with sound knowledge of OOPS concepts
- Expertise in Optimization, Simulations, Queuing Theory, Game Theory, Forecasting Techniques, etc.
- Familiarity with statistical modeling, machine-learning approaches & deep-learning
- Experience in using Big Data platforms, Spark & Hadoop platform would be preferred
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively manage stakeholders
- Experience with working on a variety of Logistics, Supply Chain or Operations research use-cases in Ecommerce
- Excellent understanding of statistics, probability, linear algebra and other mathematical concepts that supports modern ML and Optimization techniques
- Candidates with a track record of publish patents or research papers would be preferred
- Familiarity with data visualization tools
- Should be people oriented and should have previously led teams
- Highly motivated and innovative in approach
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We source, hire, train, promote, compensate & nurture employees based on their ability to do their job, disregarding other factors i.e., Gender, Race, Ethnicity, Religion, Marital status, Physical Disability and Sexual orientation.