- Blood Donation Drive
- Reforming education through school renovation
- Distribution of utility goods to NGOs
- Road Safety Campaign
- Taleem Society Visit
- Sapling Plantation
- Cleaning Drive
Ecom Express organised a blood donation campaign in collaboration with Red Cross Society in June 2015. Organized as part of the Company’s Corporate Social Responsibility programme, employees from Ecom Express rolled up their sleeves to bleed for a good cause. More than 350 employees participated in the drive.
To promote and encourage education of girl child as well as endeavour to contribute its part in villages, Ecom Express Private Limited distributed class desks and benches for the students of Kothakota Girls School in Wanaparthy District of Telangana, as part of its community development programme. The Company also undertook washroom renovation work, painting of the school walls, and the installation of a gate.
With a firm belief that quality education, as a right for all, must work hand in hand with a healthy environment, Ecom Express launched ‘Rainbow - Spreading colours of joy’ initiative. As part of the initiative, Ecom Express renovated the Government Primary School in Sarai (Alawardi) in Gurgaon, one of the most underprivileged schools in the area. The activities included plastering, flooring, and painting of the school building that houses 250 students. Ecom Express also provided chairs and tables for the teachers and sports items for the school children.
As part of the Volunteers’ Week-2019 celebration, essential items were distributed by volunteers to the beneficiaries of the following charity organizations –
- Arushi – Children Home for Girls, an NGO which provides care and protection to girls from vulnerable backgrounds. The vision is to rehabilitate the children into mainstream society.
- Cheshire Home India, a registered society which provides residential accommodation on the lines of a home for the care, nursing and general well-being of persons of all classes and communities who are chronically ill/permanently disabled/mentally challenged and who are without any resources or with limited resources.
- Durbar Mahila Samanwaya Committee, a collectivization of 65000 sex workers, that functions as an exclusive forum of female, male and transgender sex workers in West Bengal
- Oasis – India, an NGO which provides health care, vocational training, counselling, rehabilitating and re-integrating to women and their kids who are trapped in red light district.
Ecom Express celebrated the National Road Safety Week 2018 with the aim to emphasize and accentuate people about the need of safe roads travel. Our employees worked towards increasing knowledge level of road users through their efforts and easy-to-understand road safety messages conveyed though placards, banners and distribution of leaflets. By organizing road safety awareness drive, travellers were sensitized about road safety and were encouraged to wear seat belts and helmets, among other messages..
Road safety is important for Ecom Express, and the Company is always looking at ways to increase awareness of all road users. This year, to celebrate National Road Safety Week 2017 from January 9 -15, Ecom Express partnered with the Traffic Police Department of various states to help spread awareness about road safety. By engaging with the community to help change unsafe behaviour on the roads with simple but effective messages, Ecom Express demonstrated how it recognises unsafe driving/riding bikes as the biggest risks to the safety of its employees and members of the public, and shows its on-going commitment to reducing accidents.
As part of the Voluntary Month, Ecom Express also organized sapling plantation drive by planting more than 1000 saplings. Ecom Express volunteers planted saplings at designated spots along roads, in parks and around peripheries of its offices across the country. The drive was not just to plant saplings, but a pledge to nurture them, so they flourish and go on to become trees.
In an endeavor to create better surroundings, Ecom Express conducted an initiative to spread awareness on the importance of clean environment and undertake clean-up activities across India. The volunteers conducted cleaning drive at public places, such as river banks, markets and areas close to railway and bus stations and collected waste in an attempt to keep the areas clean.